PDA

View Full Version : We need Ventrilo Information easily accessible

Suburban
02-09-2009, 09:49 PM
DrunkenZombie just formatted his computer yesterday, and came to the new website for the first time. He is very computer savy, and could not come across the ventrilo information. When you look at the ventrilo status that is on the home page (bottom left hand corner), you can click on the ventrilo link, and it will ask you to choose an application to open (if you use firefox). Even though you select ventrilo, it will not enter in the information for him. This was an easy fix, obviously, but my suggestion is to maybe have ventrilo information on the main homepage. Preferably for copy and pasting. I think it would help.

Harry[Hy]
02-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Are you serious he can not easily save the information? When I click the link (ventrilo://ny2.ugt-servers.com:4418/servername=The%20Rushing%20Party) it saves all the info into my Vent, and when I close it, it is still there when I reopen.
Only thing it is missing is the Guest user password so they can switch chans, as an anti-spam measure I think.

Yihya
02-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Click Ventrilo Status on the home page(left side).

Suburban
02-10-2009, 03:46 AM
Got it. We both had a security setting enabled within Firefox preventing the loading of the information in to our Ventrilo :P it was in the "about:config"

Genius
02-15-2009, 11:29 PM
Did you guys every try placing a !vent command in the servers? It would bring a lot of people in vent, but it might entail a lot of work. I have seen several servers with the command and it might be a hit.

Harry[Hy]
02-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Did you guys every try placing a !vent command in the servers? It would bring a lot of people in vent, but it might entail a lot of work. I have seen several servers with the command and it might be a hit.
Oh yeah, that is a nice idea, it shouldn't be hard to do either. Only problem I would see would be a massive influx of spammers, etc.

Genius
02-17-2009, 11:28 AM
yeah, but if i am correct, an admin is needed otherwise you cant leave the one channel.