PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions!

Clerik
03-19-2009, 03:05 AM
1.) Never understood why servers have bank mods ect when they can just set the initial money setting to 16K... I figure the less mods, the less lag.

2.) sv_pure=2 is a must... This pretty much restricts any type of skins and modifications to your materials folder. Lots of hacks are bannable by VAC but material hacks are not because all your doing is skinning your map. I highly suggest turning sv_pure=2 (Also known as pure server)

3.) Ever consider having 1 pub with anti-block mod on? I dunno how many times I been blocked and killed.

(Apologize in advance if this sounds more of a rant then suggestions)

Big_Al
03-19-2009, 06:30 AM
1.) If we set the initial money to 16k$ there is no Pistol round which = FAIL!

2.) I think the sv_pure setting is worth looking into changing. Thank you for the suggestion. (Are there any down sides to doing this?)

3.) Maneuvering around other players is part of the game. I think running through people makes CS even more unrealistic than it already is. Also consider this....Sure you get killed because you got blocked....but how many kills have you gotten from people being blocked?

Genius
03-19-2009, 12:23 PM
sv_pure might be a good idea, but then in that case why dont we just install zblock?

Nathan
03-19-2009, 12:31 PM
zblock ftw

Suburban
03-19-2009, 12:52 PM
I agree with the block mod :) as far as the sv_pure, I tend to agree with it, but that means NO skins will be allowed on the client side, unless we edit the file to allow them. Tons of people play with custom skins and aren't hackers. We would have to think about how many people this change would affect. Because editing the file everytime someone wants to be able to use their skins in our server would be a very long process. The money idea doesn't sound too bad either though. I will bring these up at the next CO meeting.

Harry[Hy]
03-19-2009, 01:35 PM
zblock is hella-annoying for noobs, etc. Every time I try to join a zblock'd server, I have to open my console and change a lot of settings. No CS:S noob will know what it means when it kicks them for a weird var.

Genius
03-19-2009, 01:56 PM
well in my opinion sv_pure set to 2 is retarded, at least with zblock it changes all you're materials and models back(with the exception of sounds manifest and sounds for guns) , people that use skins wont play in our servers anymore, becuase each time they play, they got to go in and delete their materials and models for their skins. And in all honestly, i use different deagle, ak, m4a1, scout, awp, and dual pistol skins. And i am sure a good percentage of our players do as well. And plus, we catch 50 people hacking a week, with hacks installed into your skins, i guarantee we have caught a few and didn't even know it, the admins here are doing a fine job catching cheaters, why make it a hassle for many people, self included, to play on the pubs.

Genius
03-19-2009, 01:57 PM
and also, if we want to add some decals in the future, sv_pure 2 will eliminate that possibility.

Genius
03-19-2009, 02:05 PM
since most of you do not know what material hacks are, i found a video for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZMAQt_ZfIU

optimusprime
03-19-2009, 03:54 PM
are materal hax just walls or aimbot too?

Harry[Hy]
03-19-2009, 04:22 PM
are materal hax just walls or aimbot too?
Material hacks make it so the walls are invisible. It does not control your mouse, nor your keyboard. That's why they are technically considered "VAC undetectable" because they are just seen as Skins by Valve.

Genius
03-19-2009, 08:29 PM
indeed, material hacks are terrible, but why punish the people that use skins that look cool just because there is a few idiots that use material hacks.

Harry[Hy]
03-19-2009, 08:46 PM
indeed, material hacks are terrible, but why punish the people that use skins that look cool just because there is a few idiots that use material hacks.
Don't material hack's files have a unique MD5 hash, like all files? Could you not blacklist those hashes somehow? I don't know much about CS:S servers, but it would be possible to find the MD5 hash of a file in almost every programming language.

Genius
03-19-2009, 10:15 PM
the way i see it, if i am going to play cs:s 10 hours or so a week, i mine as well look at cool weapons and not the shit that valve gives you

Nathan
03-19-2009, 10:18 PM
fuck skins..all I need is a crosshair to look at and the head of an opposing team member.

Clerik
03-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Experiment with sv_pure=2....

Put sv_pure=2 on pub 1 only.

Watch and see how many people play on pub 2 instead and do better than they do on pub 1. If you notice this is a trend in numerous players, keep sv_pure=2.

CrAzY_MoFo
03-20-2009, 09:51 AM
since most of you do not know what material hacks are, i found a video for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZMAQt_ZfIU

Wow. That explains alot of how the hell did he know I was there. To allow something like this so that joe css can have is pretty princess deagle is :eek: to me atleast.

Clerik
03-22-2009, 11:31 AM
Now that pure server is on, I feel the way people play has changed a bit. HAve you noticed it to? Also, I dont get shot through the door nearly as much when I scout mid.

Scar_-
03-22-2009, 11:59 AM
i say you should add the sv_pure and zblock to either pub 1 or 2 and see how it goes

Mercenary
03-22-2009, 01:49 PM
I like this topic. I didnt know you guys already implemented it but sounds good to me! That link that was posted was interesting, clicked on a related link and this is the MORE INFO to the vid I clicked on:

First: I'm NOT cheating, when I play funwars or anything, this is just a demonstration of a legal Counter-Strike: Source Wallhack. Legal? How a hack becomes legal? - It's no hack, just textures, and you're allowed to change textures, so it's legal.

I absolutely hate this kind of thinking. Because its legal I will do it. Because its legal and the game doesnt stop me from doing it I can do this and still keep my integrity as an ethical person.

Get rid of all those skin mods and whatnot. get the autoslay on and were good. =) cant wait for tonights meeting

CrAzY_MoFo
04-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Did anything ever come of this?