PDA

View Full Version : skins

mugdog4
05-19-2009, 10:00 PM
I'd love to be able to use my skins while in the servers. My gign skin won't let me in the server and skins make the game so much funner! I'd play in the servers again if i could use my skins. My gign skin is solid snake from metal gear and it will tell me the server enforces gign.mdl and i can't get my old skin back or anything, so its a pain in my ass. But yeah skins make the game so much cooler and i play so much better :D. so you would see me in the servers more =P.

But hey just my suggestion

diabolical
05-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. However, I doubt we'll put any player skins on the servers. I'm not a technical expert, but what I can tell you is that it gives new players on our servers more crap to download which is something we don't want. Perhaps in the future... ;p

mugdog4
05-19-2009, 10:14 PM
well i have customs skins for my game where i can only see them not other players thats it. the skins i have won't let me in the server and i don't feel like unistalling then reinstalling the game plus id like to play in trp servers again. im not asking you to add player skins, just asking you to allow people to use their own custom skins

mugdog4
05-19-2009, 10:15 PM
The server won't allow my skins so i can't play on the servers cause of my skins without some stupid gay glitch or my gign skins. it won't let me n the server cause of it

diabolical
05-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Oh, I was unaware of that. However, if we do let players use their skins, we have to worry about things like "hit box" skins. Correct me if I'm wrong, but those exists right? Basically, we would allow modifications which will allow some players to have advantage over the others.

Killer Tofu
05-19-2009, 10:52 PM
We have to worry about things like "hit box" skins.

YES, they do exist. People can run around a map as a toaster, armed to the teeth, yet im-friggin-possible to frag.

diabolical
05-20-2009, 08:49 AM
^ Your face.

|Sa|-Iron_Chef-[PRiSoN]
05-20-2009, 03:37 PM
There's also skins that are super bright colors, so being in a dark corner doesn't help you, or just your kneecap sticking out from behind a box will get you owned from 500 feet away. Or the skins that show a beacon where the bomb is planted, or the weapon skins that have a laser and custom scope... on and on. Custom skins lets all kinds of cheap noobs do all kinds of cheap things.

As for getting your old skins back, just delete the skins folder... since its part of the files that are basic to the game, they're checked every time you join a server. If you don't have them, or suitable replacements (custom skins), you'll automatically download them the first time you connect. So, just delete the folders for the skins you downloaded, and the next server you join you'll download the default ones. Simple as that.

drunkmuppet
05-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Skins make the server take forever to load. And screws up the hit boxes. Ever try and connect to pantless -> Connect, go afk, make a sandwhich, shower, shave, come back and youll just about be done downloading all their skins.

Camarada Candiotti
05-20-2009, 07:25 PM
HAHAHAHAHA ... YES!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ its true!!!! it takes FOREVER to load !!! you can take a nap ... and still loading !!!

Killer Tofu
05-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Connect, go afk, make a sandwhich, shower, shave, come back and youll just about be done downloading all their skins.

I do this all the time, though I blame my wireless router & DSL modem configuration (400-500ms latency!) :eek: