PDA

View Full Version : Musical Tastes

Stan Darsh
05-31-2009, 12:37 AM
Post what you guys like, being heavy into music (i play instruments) i like to know these things :D

and if anyone knows of the band dream theater, post it. they are my favorite band.

Stan Darsh
05-31-2009, 03:13 PM
no one wants to post what they like/listen too? :(

diabolical
05-31-2009, 04:30 PM
I like to listen to almost anything and everything... as long as it sounds good. Being that music doesn't necessarily have lyrics (a feature unique to songs), my definition of "sounding good" is in all the beat, melody and harmony combined. I enjoy music that offers it's own unique, eccentric style. However, I tend to enjoy music that is heavy with bass...

Most of the songs/music I listen to are categorized in the genres of Hip-Hop (to include rap) and Reggaeton. I also enjoy a lot of Rock/Metal and some of the alternative clashes. I always have a soft spot for classical music (been in school bands for close to 7 years).

Stan Darsh
05-31-2009, 04:38 PM
I like to listen to almost anything and everything... as long as it sounds good. Being that music doesn't necessarily have lyrics (a feature unique to songs), my definition of "sounding good" is in all the beat, melody and harmony combined. I enjoy music that offers it's own unique, eccentric style. However, I tend to enjoy music that is heavy with bass...

Most of the songs/music I listen to are categorized in the genres of Hip-Hop (to include rap) and Reggaeton. I also enjoy a lot of Rock/Metal and some of the alternative clashes. I always have a soft spot for classical music (been in school bands for close to 7 years).

haha yea i'm into some classical too. my russian piano playing friend always give me some classical music.

heavy bass is good, my ipod's always on the R&B equalizer setting

Stan Darsh
06-01-2009, 06:37 PM
wish people were more active in the forums :(

scop3r
06-03-2009, 09:54 PM
i'm not really deep like you guys with the music. i listen to what sounds good to me. some of it is really random stuff or really stupid stuff. i listen to almost everything, i'll try anything once ;)
i mostly listen to rock (the offspring, shinedown, the killers, rise against), some country (mostly johnny cash but others too), some techno (pendulum and others i can't really think of now) and just tons of stuff.
it all kind of depends on my mood, whether i'm trying to get pumped up for a game, or whether i just want to relax.

diabolical
06-03-2009, 10:27 PM
... (the offspring, shinedown, the killers, rise against)...

Word, I like the Killers too. I think they're considered more alternative though, no? Haha. With all these music genres I never really know what category falls into anymore. ;p

Stan Darsh
06-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Word, I like the Killers too. I think they're considered more alternative though, no? Haha. With all these music genres I never really know what category falls into anymore. ;p

lol yea i know they're crazy and always changing

i saw somewhere that said ACDC was metal? wtf lol

but yea killers is more alt.

sounds good yea i like everyone

heavy into techo for the beats n shit

heavy into rock, grew up with it

progressive metal for its musicianship and same with jazz (And also i play jazz so always good to listen to your idols)

angrycookies
06-04-2009, 04:50 PM
wish people were more active in the forums :(

I'm actually like reading all of your post. Activity on the forums has gone down quite a bit. If you keep at it, maybe that'll bring more people on to these forums.

:cool:

Stan Darsh
06-04-2009, 05:29 PM
I'm actually like reading all of your post. Activity on the forums has gone down quite a bit. If you keep at it, maybe that'll bring more people on to these forums.

okie =/

so what's your musical tastes :D

angrycookies
06-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Metal, Heavy Metal, Heavy Rock, and pretty much if you can't beat someone to the sound of it then it's just not awesome in my book.

Stan Darsh
06-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Metal, Heavy Metal, Heavy Rock, and pretty much if you can't beat someone to the sound of it then it's just not awesome in my book.

words of a true rock fan

nice man, you play guitar at all or bass or anything?

angrycookies
06-04-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm trying to learn, I suck though. Although I'm really good at killing shit so I make up in that area.

Stan Darsh
06-04-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm trying to learn, I suck though. Although I'm really good at killing shit so I make up in that area.

thats an art in itself