PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7

optimusprime
08-15-2009, 01:43 AM
I installed windows 7 today. so far so good

Here's what you need to know before you get started:

Downloads will be available until August 20, 2009. After that, you can still install the RC and you can get a product key if you need one.

Installation: If you are running Windows 7 Beta you'll need to back up your data (preferably on an external device) and then do a clean install of the Windows 7 Release Candidate. Then, you'll need to reinstall applications and restore your files. If you need help, please see the Installation Instructions.

Tech details/updates: before installing the RC, please read the Release Notes and Things to Know for important information about the release.

Routine news: For day-to-day news, keep an eye on the team blog. And, you can get non-technical news, tips, and offers by subscribing to the monthly Exploring Windows newsletter.

Back up your data: We know you know this already, but please back up your data and please don't test the RC on your primary home or business PC.

Keep your PC updated: To get critical updates, be sure to turn on automatic updates in Windows Update.

Remember expiration dates: Please plan ahead for the Beta and RC expiration dates. To avoid interruption, you'll need to rebuild your test machine using a valid version of Windows before the software expires. Windows will notify you that the expiration process is beginning and two weeks later your PC will begin shutting down every two hours. The Beta expires on August 1, 2009, and bi-hourly shutdowns will begin July 1, 2009. The RC will expire June 1, 2010, and the bi-hourly shutdowns will begin on March 1, 2010. In both cases, you'll need to rebuild your test PC to replace the OS and reinstall all your programs and data.

Get it free Here :
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/download.aspx

NoWay
08-15-2009, 07:48 AM
i like to have that new windows but i dont know how to install all this :(

darthnader
08-15-2009, 02:42 PM
no way if u pm or contact me ill b happy to walk u through the process :D

technology
08-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Installation is very straight forward. All you need is to put in the DVD,boot to it and select upgrade. Here is the upgrade chart, http://mossblog.allthingsd.com/files/2009/08/windows-upgrade-chart.png.

Windows 7 is great and very big improvement over Windows XP and Windows Vista, which I think is alright. I am using Windows 7 RTM right now and I have to say been very stable so far except the chkdsk command. I never use that anyway so it doesn't bother me.

NoWay
08-15-2009, 06:48 PM
lol i have no dvd the Opti post link,i hope i can dowload from that,its gona be nice if you Darth can hep me i hate vista somach:(

Camarada Candiotti
08-15-2009, 09:44 PM
you need to download any kind of program to burn .ISO files ..... I personally have installed 3 on my computer ... PowerIso, MagicIso , Nero does the work too ... any program that burns .ISO files .... Installed .. Run the progam ... Look for the file .. and BURN IT ... EASY!!! ... further questions you can contac darthnader or me!!! i can provide the software too if you want me to ...

technology
08-15-2009, 10:27 PM
lol i have no dvd the Opti post link,i hope i can dowload from that,its gona be nice if you Darth can hep me i hate vista somach:(

You can buy DVD for cheap at BestBuy now. 3 in a pack shouldn't cost you more than $7 or $10. If you have 4GB flash drive, you can also use that too. Let me know if you need help to make your flash drive into bootable Windows 7 installer.

darthnader
08-15-2009, 11:00 PM
camaradra and technology are right, find a free iso burner (i got mine from a torrent search) buy a small pack of dvd's, download the file from microsoft, use the iso burner to burn the windows 7 software to dvd, run the dvd and go. The way i did it since i have 2 hard drives, was to put all the pictures movies music, software installers i had downloaded and other stuff i wanted to keep from the previous op system on my data drive, then ran the dvd and reformatted my programs drive and installed to that. If u want to b safe unplug ur data drive from ur pc during install so u know everything will b safe. Just make sure you have youre computers driver disk just incase and be forwarned you may need to go on a driver hunt online to get certain things to work properly ie.. video, and sound cards bc its still pre release alot of drivers are still in beta took me a while to get my soundblaster running right:rolleyes: but its pretty self explanatory once you start the install, if you want pm me and ill give you my cell# and i can give you some help cheers bro.