PDA

View Full Version : No Block

Reinth
09-16-2009, 11:54 PM
This has probably already been suggested but I'll do it here again, having a teammate who wants to sit and shoot while you're trying to get out of the line of fire happens EVERY round, intentions are pure but it ends up in extreme annoyance.

I propose you add the mod NoBlock to the server. This didn't used to be viable because of how the mod would react with admin mods and would clash and the server would lag harshly because of it, but with the last 3 months' updates the amount of usage it takes up is 1/100th that of stats upkeep.

Noblock: http://addons.eventscripts.com/addons/view/Noblock

This will make it so if you want to rush the person who wants to sit and block you won't be there any more, or lets say you're flashed and are trying to blindwalk out but you block your entire team instead, now you won't and you won't get yelled at.

Disadvantages: No more team boosting (i.e. long doors box) but at the same time, I see that as an advantage, no more sitting on top of that box until time runs out, etc.

Camarada Candiotti
09-17-2009, 12:48 AM
Yes. This already had been discussed and we decided at that time that we will keep it the way it is. But since this is a Democratic Community we can ask again our admins and gamers what they think about it ...

--- Don't forget that this gives you KILLs too ... when people run against each other and block themselves and you throw a nade and kill them all !!!

clean team
09-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Hi, In game my name is clean team, so a lot of you have probably seen me around :D

I used to play a lot on a gungame server that had no block, and long story short I would be against having it on the trP pubs.

Reinth
09-17-2009, 05:48 PM
I'd actually like to hear the long story on that one, most of the time I see no block as an advantage, like camarada said it definitely helps you get kills because of the mistakes and idiocy of others while incapacitated (blind, deaf from shellshock) and they cluster up.

But as I see it making it harder to get kills can only improve your natural gameplay and turn you into a better player because of it, besides, free kills are too easy! I want hard kills!

Stan Darsh
09-17-2009, 06:56 PM
idk man, i really like the block idk its more realistic....

might as well keep some realistic sense to the game

Reinth
09-17-2009, 07:00 PM
imo realism goes out the window when you have 15 terrorists holed up in a single room being bombarded with flashbangs and they all sit in one spot not trying to cover themselves. :)

Scar_-
09-17-2009, 07:03 PM
css is far from being realistic nuff said

sgt.stix
09-17-2009, 07:45 PM
id have to agree with scar on this one lol

Killer Tofu
09-17-2009, 08:03 PM
id have to agree with scar on this one lol

css is far from being realistic nuff said

WHAT!? IT'S JUST A GAME!?

http://i32.tinypic.com/n4gy8m.jpg

Stan Darsh
09-18-2009, 10:29 AM
lol tofu

but... idk... i think block is good.... cause like now there Will be 50 people behind 1 box all hudled together and not even know it really and a random nade could come in and destroy them all

plus you can't jump onto boxes anymore :( something i like to do when im blind or can't figure out where to go...

:/

Reinth
09-18-2009, 01:12 PM
You can jump onto boxes, but not ones that require other people to get on to.

Stan Darsh
09-18-2009, 05:42 PM
You can jump onto boxes, but not ones that require other people to get on to.

exactly

Reinth
09-18-2009, 07:55 PM
to my knowledge there's only one box in de_dust2 that requires more than one person to boost on to.

Camarada Candiotti
09-18-2009, 08:16 PM
actually 2 ... the one in double doors and the other one is in LONG A

clean team
09-18-2009, 09:25 PM
actually 2 ... the one in double doors and the other one is in LONG A

And the one on short, right before the steps, you can see it from tunnels. And the one in B right by the tunnel entrance.

Reinth
09-19-2009, 11:32 PM
And the one on short, right before the steps, you can see it from tunnels. And the one in B right by the tunnel entrance.

Those you can get on by yourself.

The one you refer to at long A outside of the doors is an illegal spot in leagues as you can see above the map and through walls.

So there are 2, I just wasn't thinking of that one because it's been blocked out of my mind.

Other spots that you can't get to are the windows except the one at long to watch door flank. I think you can get to the one at A Plat though, not sure, haven't tried in a while.

|Sa|-Iron_Chef-[PRiSoN]
09-20-2009, 10:36 AM
You can't get on either of the ones bango mentioned by yourself...

Reinth
09-20-2009, 11:05 PM
If you'd like me to prove it to you I can easily.

Reinth
09-20-2009, 11:08 PM
If you'd like me to prove it to you I can easily.

Oh, I was speaking big boxes, the one on short yes. The one in B no, but that spot takes a superboost to get to anyways and actually takes coordination with someone, not something you can do blind or during a rush to be effectively used. But I can see that now there are 3 places you can't get to alone.

SaggyBanana
09-21-2009, 08:42 AM
I like the no block during spawn as we all seem to spawn at different intervals and thatís what causes the scou(turds) to block the guys with aheeemmm..balls....cough ...cough...rushing...but other than the 18 secs in spawn no block sucks...Id like that scenario

Mercenary
01-25-2010, 05:50 PM
So is it going down or not?

michaelscarn
02-26-2010, 10:35 AM
it would be cool if you could have no block for only the 18 buy seconds

Tekan
02-26-2010, 02:01 PM
we can do that? that would be sweet, afk always block the path

bower
02-26-2010, 06:43 PM
You must take into consideration the possibility of two people being in the same spot when the unblock is removed... People like to pick from T spawn... i see this being an issue.

snowflake
02-26-2010, 06:58 PM
this is true...but would be hilarious if it happened to tekan

cash
02-26-2010, 07:20 PM
i personally don't like no block servers because then you get too used to it and always run into other people if you try a different server lol plus blocking helps boosting people and what not

bower
02-26-2010, 08:17 PM
agreed. Block ftw.

Tekan
02-27-2010, 01:06 AM
yeah, what i'm saying is no block for the first 15sec for buying. I peeked a lot of ppl blocking each others in Tspawn :p