PDA

View Full Version : Auto swap

elgant
10-14-2009, 12:55 AM
This needs to be fixed. Simply the fact it is based off the number of players on each side instead of which team is actually winning the majority of the rounds. This only leads to team stacking (player skill wise). I get swapped almost every round because I usually try to be on the losing team. Please for the love of CSS this needs to be fixed.

sgt.stix
10-14-2009, 01:53 AM
i agree....and we need to bring back the switch player mod in command console.

B-E-A-R
10-16-2009, 10:28 AM
I agree with Elgant. But stix if you have command and switch people that don't want to be switched that could couse a problem. I mean players like me i always play CT if i got switched every round by an admin i would not be happy. But i think what elgant is saying makes for some talk!! :)

DeviousX
10-16-2009, 02:03 PM
ELGANT is a complete fucking moron and should never be listened to, agreed with, or taken seriously......EVER!!!!!

sgt.stix
10-16-2009, 04:28 PM
i usually never switch anyone unless its to even the teams, or unstack a team etc...i see b-e-a-r's point of view but i think this was a good feature before, usually if i switched someone an they went back to the team id pick someone else to switch, for that very reason that people rather play on one side than the other, however there are players that dont mind getting switched to help out the other team which is why the switch player mod was created.

however the auto swicth seems to being doing a good job lately, i have no problems with it other than i wish i could still switch a player when i wanted. sometimes it switches me for unknown reasons ( i suck) to the winning team when i really wanna help the losing team..some reason it just doesnt make any logical sense to me when that happends... but it seems to being doing its job all in all..

devious, didnt anyone ever tell you if you dont have nothing nice to say dont say nothing at all? well all have opinions, no need to belittle someone..just my .02$

DeviousX
10-16-2009, 07:03 PM
it was a joke stix, incase you didnt know gant is my brother lol,

sgt.stix
10-16-2009, 09:07 PM
i smoke to much to notice these things.....dammit elgant u moron lol jk

MousE
10-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Well, I played with Gant Roasty a couple of nights ago and it seems that the console doesn't like him on T...whenever Gant wanted to stack T, he would auto back to CT the next round...that stacking whore...

sgt.stix
10-21-2009, 03:39 AM
we got raped last night an the " auto swap" didnt even do anything....please bring back switch mod!!
just seems that when this happends it becomes no longer fun unless of course your on the team dominating lol...

Suburban
10-21-2009, 09:06 AM
I think your refering to a mod which switches known good players when they join. The servers should be configured to auto balance, but has no way of knowing what GOOD players are on which team... The issue we ran in to with the auto balance mod before, was that it would switch players in the middle of a round, and on a few rare occasions, the T with the bomb would get switched to CT and the CT would have a bomb strapped to him lol I will be working on an extra command for admins to switch individual players though...

sgt.stix
10-21-2009, 11:37 AM
lol intresting...well thanks for the update

Merhik
10-21-2009, 12:01 PM
It is annoying.
It's handy for admins to have the ability to switch players. I know some players prefer to ALWAYS play one side, which is boring. But the admins usually know who those players are and won't switch them and also those players usually aren't the game breakers that help teams win.
For instance yesterday Gant and myself started out on the same team, which was silly since we quickly both started with a ridiculous score like 30-5. And then I tried to switch to ct but there were too many cts at the time, it took me 3 or 4 rounds just to get over to the other team.
I usually have to ask someone from the other team to switch with me just to even up the damn teams.
Just my contribution.

Merbear

Ps

Stix, did you even think that since you were playing so horrible the auto switch was trying to switch you to the winning team to HELP the losing team?

;P

sgt.stix
10-21-2009, 12:40 PM
I just find it unfair for people to team stack, then you have to ask them to unstack?( which i have asked with no luck lol) while they rape the team 15-1 ....and the admin's are stuck with a thumb up there rear not being able to do anything?

I think sometimes making someone play on a side they dont like is needed, just my opinion...however i try not to go out of the way to abuse this power, moreless show that theres 2 sides to the game not just one? whine if you wish

just tring to help the servers and keep the game fun and fair....there shouldnt be anything wrong with that:)

Killer Tofu
10-21-2009, 03:58 PM
I just find it unfair for people to team stack, then you have to ask them to unstack?( which i have asked with no luck lol)

We have a thread about team stacking. Read about our policy here (for Members only)

http://www.trp-clan.com/showthread.php?t=1371&highlight=team

Suburban
10-21-2009, 07:22 PM
It is annoying.
It's handy for admins to have the ability to switch players. I know some players prefer to ALWAYS play one side, which is boring. But the admins usually know who those players are and won't switch them and also those players usually aren't the game breakers that help teams win.
For instance yesterday Gant and myself started out on the same team, which was silly since we quickly both started with a ridiculous score like 30-5. And then I tried to switch to ct but there were too many cts at the time, it took me 3 or 4 rounds just to get over to the other team.
I usually have to ask someone from the other team to switch with me just to even up the damn teams.

;P

But my question is why go to the team with more members even though they are losing? They clearly have the man advantage, which I think is fair if there are better players on the other team. If their losing, well I mean that's CS:S in my opinion. Map changes every 60min, and you have a whole new team. I'm just trying to do what is best for everyone, and not picking favorites.

As for making someone play for another team when they don't want to... I think that is reasonable as well. But I think leaving it up to admins would be more efficent, rather than have something on the server that updates every 15sec and switches people to the other team based on individual stats.

I will quote myself here, "I'm just trying to do what is best for everyone, and not picking favorites."

:) :) :) ... keep the suggestions & opinions coming! :) :) :)

sgt.stix
12-01-2009, 03:01 AM
any word on this mod yet? i hate to bumb this thread agian but the stacking gets outta hand, i leave to go to other servers just so i can enjoy playing the game and not get frustrated with the stackers, perhaps its just me that likes not to stack im unsure...:D

Suburban
12-01-2009, 07:11 PM
The problem with the mods that do this is it will switch players in the middle of a round... we had an occasion previously where a CT was walking around with the bomb lol

sgt.stix
12-02-2009, 01:21 PM
no i mean like a manual admin only switch player mod...my bad...

auto swap seems to be doing ok, no problems there...unless your a stacker and dont like being on the unstacked team lol..

Suburban
12-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Giving admins the ability to switch players to another team... I remember looking in to this, and I don't recall coming across anything in SourceMod to be able to do this... if I can get something like this to work, it would be a 3rd party plugin. I may get a chance to look in to this the upcoming weekend.

iRobot
12-03-2009, 12:36 PM
TEam Stack for the win....!!!!!!

Yihya
12-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Suburban, there was no mod for this. I used HLSTATS. If you want I can turn it back on.

bower
12-03-2009, 05:37 PM
I don't try to stack but I do enjoy playing on certain players teams for serveral reasons...

Suburban
12-04-2009, 08:45 AM
Suburban, there was no mod for this. I used HLSTATS. If you want I can turn it back on.

Never had much time to take a gander for one lol btu I will take your word for it. I think that sounds like a good idea Yihya.