PDA

View Full Version : Admin Spec ESP

}{3R0
03-27-2010, 05:37 PM
When I used to host a server on Condition Zero I installed a mod called admin spec ESP, I never had any issues with it and it helped out a lot when suspecting someone of wall-hacking. I dont know if anyone here is familiar with it but please read more about it here ----> http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=23691

Let me know what you guys think, I think this could be a useful mod for admins and also those who review submitted demos.

clean team
03-27-2010, 05:57 PM
I'd be a little uncomfortable with this on the server. Also, if it's a server side mod it would not help people to review demos. Besides, when reviewing a demo it's easy enough to use r_drawothermodels 2

}{3R0
03-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Actually when you record a demo with this mod installed it records the dem with the mod, which allows whoever is viewing the demo to see the lines, distance, boxes and so forth within the mod. I'm not saying install it and keep it, but install it for maybe a week and then get all of trP's admins together during a meeting and vote on it and whether or not the admins find its features useful to them allow that to be the deciding factor :) I personally LOVED it when I was running my server :p

michaelscarn
03-27-2010, 06:55 PM
yeah, but a lot of times it's helpful to watch the demo while not in wireframe.

}{3R0
03-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Sorry if this come across as nub but what is wireframe I havent heard of it ? Im just sayign throw the mod on like pub 3 or 4 where people dont play to often just so admins can see it and play with it and if everyone ends up liking it take steps from there.

}{3R0
04-04-2010, 09:59 PM
DO IT !!! :p

}{3R0
04-28-2010, 12:14 AM
Here is a video of this in action, I am telling you guys this will make your jobs 100 time easier. Again you only see this if you are an admin and your in spectator mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08-M4oYPP_4

iRobot
04-28-2010, 10:52 AM
When you preview a demo .. you should be watching with sv_cheats 1 and mat_wireframe

Then you will see the demo with the walls transparent .. This should of been provided for you when you had member and admin training ..

I am guessing this was not covered in member training ...

Thanks for pointing something that is lacking in our members training session.. We will have to fix this problem.

}{3R0
04-28-2010, 10:57 AM
When you preview a demo .. you should be watching with sv_cheats 1 and mat_wireframe

Then you will see the demo with the walls transparent .. This should of been provided for you when you had member and admin training ..

I am guessing this was not covered in member training ...

Thanks for pointing something that is lacking in our members training session.. We will have to fix this problem.

Im not a admin -_-

Suburban
05-04-2010, 03:18 AM
Im not a admin -_-

Yet :)